Like much of the country and the world, our team is in mourning. The unlawful killing of George Floyd is nothing short of tragic. As the fight for social and racial justice is ingrained in our core values, we know it is our responsibility to do what we can to bring about change and begin the important work of healing the country.
That’s why our commitment to partnering for good extends beyond our client base.
Our platform in the nonprofit community makes it our responsibility to:
- Elevate the voices of people of color and commit to listening to differing opinions and perspectives. For Evolve, this means a commitment to diversity when it comes to our partners in educational experiences such as webinars, conferences, and community events.
- Diversify our own team in order to better reflect the racial makeup and missions of the nonprofits we serve. We are committed to making this a priority as we grow our team.
- Support organizations in predominantly brown and black neighborhoods that have been hardest hit by the pandemic and now these senseless acts of violence. Evolve will be donating to five clients in Chicago that need our support more than ever to continue their vital work of caring for and rebuilding their neighborhoods:
- Chicago Commons
- College Mentoring Experience
- Growing Home
- The Montessori School of Englewood
- Pullman Community Center
- Confront our own biases and prejudices. As consultants, we are problem solvers by nature and spend our days looking for solutions to complex problems. We must utilize our professional skills to ensure we are part of the movement to eliminate systemic racism.
The Evolve Giving Group team is committed to continuing this conversation in order to be educated, invested allies for our clients and communities. We know actions speak louder than words and look forward to working with you to make this vision a reality.
Please reach out if you are interested in having a conversation with a member of our team.